Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

ME day

Today was a very nice day. I got some desperately needed ME time. After having a rough, but convicting day on Sunday, my friend Sheri decided I needed a break and some time for myself. Today was THE day! After taking Bailey to school, Maverick and I came home and got dressed and watched 2 interesting snippets of TV. (those snippets come later in this post) We met my very pregnant friend Jen at Starbucks for some chat time before we had to pick up our children from two different Mother's Morning Out programs, school to Bailey. After picking him up and getting him a Happy Meal we were on our way to drop off the boys at Sheri's house. I snuck out of the house while Bailey was distracted with Thomas on PBS.

I made my way to solo shop! I love to shop and find a good deal, but that's hard to do with 2 boys who don't care if you find a good deal. I was on a mission to find Maverick a coordinating outfit to take a picture or two with Bailey on Thursday when he goes for his 2 year pictures - pray for cooperation! He has a seersucker suit that Jake and I bought in Las Vegas when he was 3 months old and he's never worn it. We bought a 12 month and it's been too big and not in season - seersucker and snow don't go together. Now it just fits so we're going to have a picture taken in it and will wear it at least 2 times to church in the next few weeks. Gotta get my money's worth out of it until Maverick can wear it. I ended up getting Maverick a pair of seersucker pants at Old Navy and a long sleeve white button down shirt from Children's Place. I'm looking forward to dressing them up and seeing how Bailey's going to like the bowtie I bought to go with his suit. I can feel the DRAMA already! The bad thing about me having ME time is that I usually spend money. Today I did have 2 gift cards that made a dent in my spending so I can be grateful for that!

To my TV snippets for the day...Rachael Ray had some entrepreneur moms on today and one of them makes these great shirts that say just about everything I've wanted to say to some well meaning people along the journey. Check out
Gabbybaby. I especially like this shirt and have needed this one more times than I'd like to remember.

Then a little while later I was watching this show on TLC, I don't know the name of it, but these random mommies get together and discuss the woes of one of them. Today the woe was this woman who was all worried that her child was delayed developmentally. She spent the whole show complaining about how her little girl didn't show any interest in crawling. She compared her to all the other kids who would pull themselves up and stand next to chairs or tables. She even went so far as saying that she dreamed of the day her husband would walk her down the aisle, implying she was afraid the little girl would never walk! I promise the little girl couldn't have been a year old. I had to turn the TV off because I just wanted to tell this mom and dad to get over themselves! Every child is different and reaches milestones at different times and not all according to the time table in the Adolescent Development textbooks. I know all first time moms go through these fears, but we've just gotta give our kids time to be themselves and to grow and mature on the timetable the Lord has set for them. We need to be responsible and intentional about instructing and giving them opportunities to get stronger, but spending time worrying about the 'what ifs' gets us nowhere. It goes totally against the Lord's encouragement in His word to think about the things that are TRUE!

Enough of my TV analyzation for the day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...