Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Is it really January?

January has snuck up on me some how. I guess December was such a crazy, action filled month that I didn't think it was going to end. I've not even found the time to sit down and evaluate what I need or want to accomplish in 2007. In my mind, 2007 won't start until Maverick is here - At least that's when the dieting starts! I've been working on getting my stuff ready for the preschoolers Sunday night and am a little in disbelief that it's time to start up again. I guess I'm also in disbelief that in 1 week I'll have another baby and a week after that Jake will leave again for training. Then in about 10 weeks we'll pack up and leave Fort Mill. It really is unbelievable how quickly time flies when life is busy!
On another note, we have a brand new dishwasher!! Our landlord, who is great, was here all afternoon putting the finishing touches on the install. Last week the Home Depot delivery guys came to install it and immediately said they weren't touching it because the dishwasher isn't located directly beside the sink. They wouldn't even pull out the old one to dispose of it. Had they done that, they would've seen that all the connections they needed were located directly behind the dishwasher. Needless to say, the landlord says he'll never shop at Home Depot again. I can't wait to do my first load in it in a couple of days. I'm just excited that I won't have to stare at all the dirty dishes sitting in the sink until I decide it's time to hand wash. Yeah for dishwashers!!
Bailey continues to learn new things and say new words. Today he started knocking on the bathroom door and says "knock, knock." He even closed the door and knocked with no one in the bathroom. He's also started using the phrase "Where's ____?" It's really cute. Last night Jake and his dad taught him how to play "down, set, hut" and he squats and waits for the hut and then just takes off running. I got him to say "touchdown" and raise his hands up like the refs the other night while we watched a football game. I definitely don't think he's a genius, but he's reached that point where he's starting to say more words that are understandable.

3 comments:

Chris Whisonant said...

That's hilarious about Bailey!! If only you could have gotten him to say "more toys!!"...

Home Depot = lovely!! That's crazy - wouldn't they at least think that if there's a dishwasher connected that the connections would actually be there?!? Here's your sign!

One week to go!

Emily Jennings said...

Hey. I heard you are blogging and I just found you. Yah. I know you are excited about all the upcoming transitions. Your little guy is so cute.

J.E. said...

Hey guys....I haven't heard from or seen you guys in a long time...Emily got me into the world of blogs. Check mine out sometime!
http://mrdearybury.blogspot.com/ Talk to you later!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...