Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Privilege

Yesterday I got the privilege of just being a member of the congregation with no real responsibilities since I'm still sort of on 'maternity leave.' During those moments when I wasn't on the platform leading, the Lord seemed to minister to my heart while worshipping with each song. During the invitation, the team, led by my friend Jennifer, did a song that has become very special to me over the past year because every time I hear it or sing it the Lord reminds me that its words encompass His purpose and desire for me and all of my life. I'll put the words below so that you can pray them over your own life and allow the Lord to burn in you this one pure and holy passion.

"Give me one pure and holy passion,
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you.
To know and follow hard after you.
To grow as your disciple in your truth.
This world is empty, pale and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord.
Lead me on and I will run after you.
Lead me on and I will run after you."
It would be very easy for me to become bitter with the current circumstances in my life - a new baby, a 2 year old, spending lots of time alone, facing a move away from a place and people who are so very precious to me and my family. Yet the Lord reminds me often, as He did yesterday, of the passion and the desire He has given our family to follow after Him. Even though the following is difficult and full of inconveniences, those things pale in comparision to walking daily with our Creator, our Saviour, our dearest Friend and the peace of knowing that He is trustworthy with every decision we make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...