Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Insurance and other head gear

I can't think of a title for this post at the moment, probably because there's not been much going on since last week was so eventful!

Maverick is doing well and even blessed me last night by letting me sleep 4 1/2 uninterrupted hours. I never thought I would be excited about 4 1/2 hours of sleep, but this morning, I was! Maybe we can have a repeat tonight. I don't count my chickens in this department before they hatch. I can't wait to find out what it feels like to sleep 8 hours in a row again.

I went this morning to get a copy of Maverick's birth certificate from the county vital records office so that we can get our wonderful government insurance straightened out. I love our military insurance and the fact that we have paid nothing out of pocket so far for my prenatal visits and for Maverick to be born. However, Maverick's doctor visits and prescriptions are a little more complicated. I called the insurance company a few weeks ago and they acted like me filling out the paperwork to have him covered was no big deal because he's covered for 60 days by default. What she didn't tell me was that they won't pay for his doctor visits without that paperwork and me specifying our current doctor as the primary care physician or that if he needs a prescription they're not going to pay for that unless they have proof that he's alive, aka the birth certificate I went to get today. It has always aggravated me that you can call a company and ask questions to make sure you're doing what you need to do and yet they fail to give you all the necessary information so that you don't end up rushing around covering your butt to get the bills paid. I'm optimistic that next week this will all be taken care of, but it's been a pain in the behind so far.

I did have a great find today, though. My friend, Jen, has this great headband that I've envied for a while. One of the girls that works at the local CVS had the same headband on the other day when I went to get Maverick's prescription filled. So I decided then that I had to have one so I asked Jen where she got it - CVS of all places! Part of my childless morning out was to find that headband and find her one in black if I could. I was determined I would go to every CVS in York county and the south side of Mecklenburg county if I had to so I could have this headband. The first CVS I stop at has them. What's even better is they're buy 1 get 1 50% off - even better - I had a $3 off coupon on a recent CVS receipt. So I got lots of headbands, well, 4! It seemed like a lot. 3 for me and 1 for her! Now the jury is out as to whether or not I like the one like hers on my head! I didn't think it looked as good on me as it did on her. I'm saving the packaging and receipt in case I decide I won't wear it.
As you can tell, this has been a slow week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...