Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

Uneventful shopping

When Maverick was born, Grammy let Bailey play with my new cordless vacuum so now he loves to vacuum any time I'll let him.

Yesterday we managed to make a trip to the grocery store and Bailey not eat anything he wasn't supposed to like banana peels or the plastic wrap on hot dogs or bread. We achieved this through the help of the free cookie container and opening a package of peanut butter crackers to keep him occupied during the shopping trip. I thought he would be too full to eat his kid's meal from Chick Fil A I was planning to get him after we left Target, but the boy must have been starving because by the time we got home he had eaten all but about 4 fries and 1 nugget.

We've slept in the past 2 days and it's been wonderful! Yesterday we woke up around 10 - all of us and today it was about 9:30. I think Maverick's going to be sleeping through the night soon. Last night I fed him at around 11:00 or so and he managed to sleep from about 1 until 6:30 before he woke up again to eat. After 6:30 we went back to bed until 9:30! Bailey must have been exhausted, too. I can normally hear him talking to himself in his bed, but the past 2 mornings there's not been a peep!

Maverick is starting to be more and more alert during the day. He sat last night on my lap while I talked to Jake and just smiled and grinned. He's starting to enjoy laying on his belly and can hold himself up pretty well. Bailey loved laying on his belly during the day and could hold his head up well before he was a month old.

Not sure what today holds for us. We might venture to the mall and try out our double stroller that's not hit pavement yet. Other than the grocery store, I have a hard time getting myself mentally ready to take both of them out. Maybe today I'll tackle my fears and see how it goes.

1 comment:

mylifewith5kids said...

Jen, your boys are so cute. I am SO glad that you have been able to sleep in. EVERY new mom needs that!
I am happy to hear how much Bailey eats, I thought it was only my children that ate like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...