Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Anxious

According to the driver of the truck with all of our 'household goods,' he's going to be here around 9 this morning. I can't wait to get the phone call saying he's pulling onto Fort Bliss. An Air Force Col's wife brought us dinner yesterday and is going to take Bailey with her this morning to a Bible study where free childcare is provided. She offered to take both boys, but I think I'll keep Maverick here and strap him into the snugli and then when the swing is unloaded and back together, I'll let him swing to his heart's content. He's not as hard to keep up with as Bailey is.

I found out yesterday that this Bible study that meets here on Post needs a worship leader because their current one is pregnant and about to pop. It's an avenue I'd be interested in exploring, but since I've never even been to this Bible study yet, I'm not even sure of the possibilities of my exploration. I'm planning to go next week and check it all out and in the meantime I'll just pray that the Lord leads me into the place of ministry here that He deems best.

We took our first trip to the El Paso Zoo yesterday. We bought an annual membership so we can go as many times as we'd like until next April. $45, with military discount, gets 2 adults and 5 children in unlimited visits! Bailey had a good time until he quit getting his way. He was a lot more attentive to the animals than he's been on our previous trips to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. He's a little bit older now and probably has a better idea of what he's looking for. This zoo has lots of monkeys and some very active wolves that are native to this area. They even have a sea lion that does a couple of performances during the day. It's only about 5 minutes from our house so we'll probably go once a week or so.

Once the movers are here I'll have my cord to download pictures so I'll take some pictures of the wonderful city of El Paso and our 1960's chateau as I've come to affectionately call our new 'old' house. And I'll let you see the new houses that we're anticipating living in by the end of the year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...