Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Another Trip to BR



This afternoon, when Jake came home from work, he told me that his class had a major meltdown today over their lack of instruction or just how difficult it is to understand the material they're being tested over. He said one guy who is normally cool as a cucumber threw his laptop down on he floor. He thought others were going to end up in a fist fight. Being the good person that he is, Jake said he walked outside and ate some crackers to avoid any confrontations. As we were eating our leftover quiche that I made for dinner last night - yes, I made quiche - he said that because of his stressful afternoon, he needed some maui brownie madness from Baskin Robbins.

So we loaded up the kiddos and headed down the street. Did I ever mention that the BR is only about 3 minutes from our door? It's very dangerous! And there's a Mickey D's right next door, which is even more dangerous!! We decided that soft serve at Mickey D's is cheaper than the soft serve at BR so we went through the drive thru at MD's to get Bailey a cheap cone and then we drove over to BR. They gave us a huge cone and Jake could see the disaster from the moment the guy handed it to him. While I was in BR getting our maui brownie madness, Bailey had a disaster! The ice cream fell off the cone onto his lap, Mack, and his new Thomas train. Jake said he went nuts because it was so cold. Jake had to pick it all back up and just sort of jam it back into the cone. When I came out we had to use the 3 napkins I had grabbed to wipe off Bailey and Bailey used one to wipe off Mack. Obviously, the car seat had ice cream on it, too. Which led me to do what I haven't done in almost 2 years (bad mommy - I know Jen Whis is freaking out about now).

I had to completely disassemble Bailey's car seat and clean it out. You should've seen the Cheezits, french fries and various other crumbs that came tumbling out of it. Not to mention the gunk that was in the frame of the car seat. Disgusting! I've learned my lesson and that thing will get washed once a month or so. You wanna hear my excuse? Sure you do. Anyone who has ever dealt with a car seat knows that once you get it installed properly, you don't want to take it back out. I can get Bailey's seat in our Kia better than any other car I've put it in. It's just a pain to get it tight enough so that it doesn't wiggle. Oh well. Tomorrow after the seat cover is dry, you'll find me out there wrestling with the goofy thing. It'll be a sight the neighbors will wish they had missed!

4 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

If it wasn't for messed those seats would NEVER be cleaned! I just cleaned Hayden's for the third time this month... he spills ALOT and it's usually something VERY sticky!

Amanda said...

I only clean Ella's seat when I have too, like when she threw up all over the van - YUCK!! You would think that McD's would give you more napkins when they serve you ice cream. It should be a law!!!

Jen Whisonant said...

I am glad the car seat is now clean -- and that's my dirty little secret, too -- ssshhhh -- i only obsess about dirt in the house. =) glad the ice cream was good and well worth a mess.

Jen Whisonant said...

I think I need some maui brownie madness...our envoy may be headed to BR tonight!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...