Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

MMM MMM Good

Rudy's in West El Paso is officially open and we enjoyed our first meal there tonight. All I can say is DELICIOUS! The melt in your mouth brisket. The unbelievably sweet creamed corn. The oh so buttery new potatoes. Sopping up the 'Sissy' sauce with a piece of Sunbeam bread. WONDERFUL. It was well worth the drive over the Transmountain bypass to enjoy it. I meant to take my camera to capture the moments of our first El Paso Rudy's experience, but it was left behind. Jake says our move to El Paso was meant to be just because we have Rudy's. Afterward I took my mom, who's here for the weekend, over Rim Road so she could see the great view of El Paso. Jake thought I was going to Baskin Robbins to get him some Maui Brownie Madness when I took the turn to get to Rim Road so we had to make a detour for ice cream before we came back home. I got Bailey his own little cone and he had an ice cream goatee. Every time it would get on his nose he'd say "nowe." He's not good on enunciating final consonants on his few words he says. I keep trying to get him to make the hissing 's' sound, but he's hard headed! He's got his "ch" and his "oo" down to a T, though! I might have to get him to start singing "diction is done with the tip of the tongue and the front the teeth" or something.

Did I mention that I finally picked up my new chair that I ordered over a month ago? I absolutely love it! I need another - I guess I don't need another, but I'd love to have another. It's not the most comfortable chair in the world, but it looks great in my living room! After the boys jump into it for a few years it'll be good an broken in. Bailey can't lift himself into it right now so he sort of takes a running start and bounces his leg up high enough to get some leverage to pull himself up.

Did I also mention that it is 'hotter than hoohah' here? ($5 if you can tell me who coined that phrase?) I think we have a malfunctioned swamp cooler because I've done everything they say to do for it to work properly and it just doesn't cool very well. We resorted to buying a portable swamp cooler this weekend so that at least our bedroom would be cool at night. I know that's probably selfish, but if momma can't sleep her fuse burns quickly or she sleeps during the day while her 2 year old runs the house!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It had to be someone in the military, right? Maybe its off Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? I'm just guessing because I have no clue:)

Emily Jennings said...

I think it was something CHevy Chase said. Hmmm.

My parents redid their upstairs bathroom about 2 or so years ago. Its VERY nice.

Jen said...

As a hint to my "hotter than hoohah" question - think Life Action - think the 'commonwealth'...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Well, now that the girl from the Commonwealth has now chimed in, any guesses yet, girls?? Come on, now, I was one the original 'Hino Honey's , was your big sister, and was a co-hort in crime to JBW....

Any guesses yet???

I 'hailed' from the good ole state of VA, but now reside in "Sweet Home Alabama" -- Go ROLLTIDE!!

I read all of your blogs, and now it's time to come out of the wood work and talk to you all!

Love you girls,

Suzanne

Jen Whisonant said...

#1 - I am so jealous - I can taste Rudy's...

#2 - It was hotter than a hoohah in GA house hunting this weekend...close to town was miserable, but out near the mountains, there was actually a breeze, so I'll be trying to buy near the mountains and the lake...

#3 - I can still taste Rudy's...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...