Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday Morning Musings

Where did the weekend go? Why is it that I look forward to the weekend all week and then in the blink of an eye it's Monday morning all over again? Jake went and played a round of golf Saturday morning while the boys and I hung at the house. I cleaned the bathroom and did some laundry. I guess that's not any different than the rest of the week. After Jake got home we went and ate dinner at El Taco Tote, which has quickly become one of Jake's favorite restaurants. I'm not sure I share the same sentiment. Don't get me wrong, the food is great, but their recipes for their salsa's include vast amounts of jalepenos! Even the pico de gallo which is normally considered 'mild' burns my tongue. So I have to remember to not be too liberal when I'm using their salsa's on my tacos. A policeman sat behind us so we told Bailey the policeman was going to arrest him if he didn't behave, but that didn't seem to phase him one bit! He did eat his normal rice and beans with a look of sheer delight on his face.

Yesterday afternoon, we went to see the
Diablos play baseball here in El Paso. They're some sort of an independent league team. Not sure what that means, but they're not a minor league team. Needless to say, we didn't see much of the game. After the 1st inning, Bailey had enjoyed a soft pretzel and was ready to go. I wish I had a pedometer to know how far we, Bailey and I, walked. He was fascinated with the souvenir shop so we walked this little route from our section inside the shop and back again. Once while we were in there, I convinced him to pick up some trash and put it in the trash can. The worker ladies said he was hired! They just smiled every time we walked in there. I found out later that he and Jake had been in there to get cash at the ATM. After the 5th inning, we packed up and headed home, via McDonald's.

I'm thinking about being a sweet mommy and filling up a little pool thing that we brought home from my dad's and letting Bailey play in it this morning. We bought an air compressor Saturday night so we could blow it up, but I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...