Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2007

2 Little Dare Devils

We took the boys back to the splash park this afternoon because Bailey and I both needed to get out of the house and Jake needed to experience the splash park since he can't go during the week. Here he is after coming down the slide. He was probably the youngest kid to go down the slide while we were there. I got a little video of him coming down and out of the slide that I'll have to upload and post later. He FLIES out of that thing! He has issues waiting for his turn and doesn't understand why sometimes the line stands still. We had to stand by the steps and tell him to wait to which he responded a few times "wai, wai." At one point he was in such a rush that he was ramming his head into the girl in front of him's butt. That's not very chivalrous!
Here he is putting just about his entire body underwater. It was a gradual process, but you could see the delight on his face when he had everything submerged that could be submerged.

Then there's this little dare devil. Jake was letting him crawl around a little bit right here, but he decided he would rather stand up and attempt to crawl out the side of the pool. He did fall once, but we managed to save him before he needed CPR or any other medical attention! And I have all that on video!! His knees probably will be bruised from trying to crawl over that scratchy wall.

All in all it was a good day at the splash park. I'm not quite sure I understand the need for the lifeguard to take a 30 minute break every 2 hours! They obviously don't know how hard it is to keep a 2 year old who only wants to be in the water entertained for 30 minutes?? I'm sure your tax dollars could afford to pay an additional lifeguard. I'll make some phone calls and see what I can do to remedy that situation!! Afterall, I am married to L T!! Ha!!

We're babysitting for a friend tonight that has 2 girls - 3 and 2 - 11 months apart! YIKES!! I told Jake I felt like the Duggars trying to walk them home from the park and give them and Bailey a bath and snack. Have I ever mentioned how much I love having boys? Last night their mom watched the boys so that we could go to a praise team get together where I learned how to play Bunko. It was lots of fun and I won a flower for having the most Bunkos!!! Now I'm trying to figure out when and who I can invite to a party at my house so we can play Bunko again. Bunko anyone??

And did I mention that I went into one of the new houses that we'll be moving into by the end of the year? Let's just say I'm super pumped about moving. I was pumped about moving into a new house, but now that I've been in one, my pumped status has elevated to super. I was pleasantly surprised by how roomy they are.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are such good pictures. Maverick is so funny with that hat. Are those his overalls? I love Bailey floating on his back. Can't wait to see the videos. I hope they still plan to come to the beach.

Anonymous said...

We love seeing them in the water. I am so glad they enjoy the water and aren't afraid of it since we have all always been water rats. Its great that they provide something for you like that. I hate we didn't go there while we were there. I am excited about your new house also. That is really something to look forward to. We love you and miss you!!

Paw & GG

Jen Whisonant said...

you've inspired a trip to the far away kiddie water park/pool in our neighborhood...well let you know how it goes! =)

Cindy said...

What great pictures!
I haven't played Bunko, but would learn for ya! I've heard you are quite the game winner, especially if music or lyrics are involved.
:-)

Cindy said...

Oh yeah, that's awesome about the houses!! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...