Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Opportunity Knocks

Okay, so this has nothing to do with my 'opportunity,' but I saw this on Reston Baby today and think I need one of these. Not that either of my boys will ever give up their diaper or decide that they want to go 'poeee' like a big boy, but the novelty of it is GREAT!!! Check out the Peter Potty Urinal for boys!! Cool, isn't it?

Now to the 'opportunity'.....Do you ever experience moments in your life when you know you're supposed to do something and when you don't, you're absolutely miserable? That's where I've been for the past couple of weeks. We found out a few weeks ago that a ministry position is about to open up at our church and Jake's first question to me when I told him about it was "is that something you'd be interested in?" Obviously it is something that interests me or I wouldn't be talking about it here. (Can you tell I'm being vague on purpose?) After spending a couple of weeks sitting on the thought and praying randomly about it, I finally mentioned my interest to someone who could mention it to someone else, who really has say in the big scheme of things. So last night, the someone else asked me about it and if I really wanted to do it. I voiced my main concern which has to do with my own children and the someone else seems to think that can be worked out. The ball is rolling and it's been a huge relief to me. I feel a freedom right now that I haven't felt in quite a while. It's like I'm about to step into an opportunity that will fulfill some of the passions and gifts the Lord has given me. When you have a fleeting thought of me, say a prayer and ask the Lord to give us full discernment about whether or not this is an opportunity I need to pursue or not. He knows what you're talking about even though you probably feel like you don't!

Have I mentioned lately that I have tickets to go to SC in a couple of weeks? I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself! There is of course the anxiety of sitting on a plane with Bailey and Maverick for an unspecified number of hours. I feel the anxiety for the person sitting next to us too! And I will not ever forget the tears I shed in May after Jake dropped us off at the airport to fly to Waco! I can't wait to put my toes in the sand on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean and drive across the Catawba River and see those blue and white SC flags waving proudly. Maybe I'll buy me a flag while I'm there and let it fly beside the Auburn flag that is waving at half mast in our front yard!

3 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Can I say that I almost can't stand myself that you can't stand yourself getting on the plane??? Be ready for a bear hug girl! Then probably a long convo at Starbucks... =) I feel another Jen-date coming... and we're praying for you specifically and nonspecifically, too.

Anonymous said...

If this is something that you feel God is leading you to do and you have the talents and gifts to do it then the boys will be fine. Your husband turned out well not having a full time stay at home mom. Fortunately I was able to work school hours or had someone at home to keep them. If the Lord is leading he will take care of the boys as well. We love you and we will pray for you to make the perfect decision.

Love
GIGI

Cindy said...

I can't wait to see you either!!
So glad that things are rolling with your potential opportunity.It's hard to be in that decision stage sometimes with the should I or shouldn't I.If I do then...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...