Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Pictures and Stories

This first picture is just a rainbow over our neighborhood a few nights ago. We thought it was pretty, but there was a much better one last night and I didn't take a picture of it. The rainbow always reminds me of our wedding day and the covenant we entered into during the ceremony. Not long after the ceremony and we were on our way to Savannah, there was a rainbow over the church - God's sign of His covenant with Noah. Pretty remarkable how God orchestrates His wonders at just the right moments!
My new little snacker! He LOVES to be in this chair and eat snacks. I've also figured out that on most days if I'll give him a few snacks to hold him over that he'll be more interested in his baby food. He'd rather just have his bottle as he lets the ladies at the nursery know loud and clear!

This has to be my FAVORITE picture of Maverick so far! I might have to find me some baby contests to enter this one in. Other than the dirt on my door, it's a priceless picture of a precious little boy! He looks so grown up.


Now for the story!!! It won't be near as funny as it was to Jen Whisonant who I was calling to talk about issues with my Razr as the bulk of these events unfolded. Bailey had eaten some "geiohs" (spaghettios) and needed to wash his hands and face. We went to the bathroom and did the handwashing routine and then he said he needed to go potty. I never pass an opportunity to let him sit on the potty. I took his clothes off and sat him there for a second. He didn't really go, but was ready to get up. I decided to take this opportunity to let him wear underwear. I put them on him and decided I needed to protect my furniture JUST IN CASE there was some sort of an accident! I went outside to see if I could find a tarp or something in our storage closets on the carport. Little Mr. followed me out there and started playing. I figured it was harmless and if he had an accident it would be outside and I could just spray him off. All the while I'm on the phone with Jen discussing the fact that my Razr said "movistar" on the screen and I didn't know where that had come from. While Jen is laughing at my running commentary of Bailey outside in his Lightning McQueen underwear pushing all of his toys, I noticed Bailey kept messing with the back of his underwear. A few minutes later I looked up and he had some extra baggage back there. So, I had to bring him back in the house. I showed him where the 'extra baggage' would normally go. We flushed, washed hands and attempted to put on new underwear. He wanted no part of that and ran around for a little while in his birthday suit! Eventually I got a diaper on him, but noticed a little while later that he had stripped it off and was naked again. The diaper was wet so maybe he felt it and wanted it off. I can dream, can't I? When we get back from our trip to the beach, I think Bailey and I are going to spend some quality time around the potty. He becomes more and more willing every few days.

KACHOW!!!

5 comments:

Pegsy said...

No, you don't have to say you're proud of me for being Canadian - just for passing the test and jumping through all the hurdles!! I'm actually a dual citizen now - I didn't lose my American citizenship. This just makes traveling a lot easier, with less paperwork to carry around.

Funny story, by the way! It seems these crazy things ALWAYS happen when we're trying to have a conversation on the phone!

GE is me said...

Jen, what an adorable picture of Maverick! Good luck with the potty training. If you've read my blog lately you know I've been having fun with diaper blowouts in the am. UGH!
Don't know when you're going to S.C. but hope you have a safe trip. I'll be praying for you.
-Gail

Chris Whisonant said...

I must admit - it was funnier in the live commentary version I received...it made my week!!! Love ya girl.

Chris Whisonant said...

The above comment was my wife... But it was hilarious seeing her laughing while on the phone with you!

Unknown said...

We were excited to see that the wagon got put together. I guess Bailey has something new to push around. Was it easier than the big wheel?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...