Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Adios Tree!

We spent the weekend doing the 43rd Annual Living Christmas Tree at FBC EP. It really was a neat experience and very different from anything I've ever done as part of a Christmas Music type thing. Knowing it's behind me is a relief, but it's also a little sad. Putting so much time and effort into something and then knowing it's over until next year is a little bit of a bummer. I heard today that 33 people or so indicated that they accepted Jesus as their Savior! Praise the Lord! That alone makes the aching, tired body worth it all!
We also got to see Grammy and Pop for a little while on Saturday morning as they were driving through to California. No more major appliance gifts, but Bailey got a cool Lightning McQueen shirt that lights up when he moves.
I've gotta get myself into party prep mode and start doing some serious straightening and cleaning at the house. I bought the ingredients for the famous Christmas Punch tonight and am looking forward to putting it all together Thursday evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo! jealous of Grammy & Pop. They have been able to see you guys 2 times this month. Glad the tree went well. If there is a video get us one.

Jen Whisonant said...

Post a picture of you in the dress because as of now, I have a mental pic of you in a green dress shaped like a tree and while I'm enjoying that - I would like to see what it really looked like - I'm intrigued. I've never done a living tree thing before either. Have fun at the party you are hostessing - hostess a little for me - oh, Christmas punch, I'm jealous. love ya girlie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...