Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Do we have an Allergy?

Until about 9 months or so ago, Bailey's face was perpetually broken out with a little rash. I thought it was some sort of peanut allergy because he ate lots of peanut butter crackers. So we've laid off the peanut butter and his face has been clear until last week. On Thursday we noticed that his face was starting to break out a little bit. I gave him some benadryl before bed Friday and Saturday and it cleared up. Then tonight it's back! I gave him the end of our benadryl and hope his face will be clear in the morning.


Now we're trying to figure out what he's eaten in the past few days that might have been different. I need to remember to ask at the CDC tomorrow what they ate on Thursday and today. Jake thinks it may be apples and once before I thought it may have been apple related. But he's eaten quite a few apples lately and the rash didn't appear until late last week.

It's become a huge mystery and I'm not sure exactly what to do about it. I suppose I should just break down and take him to the doctor. I'm just having a hard time tracing the cause since I've not given him anything out of the ordinary in the past week except for some cheetos. Maybe that's what it is!

2 comments:

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

Don't forget to consider hand/bath soap allergies or laundry detergent allergies. Hope he feels better...

Pegsy said...

My kids used to break out with a bit of a face rash when they had ketchup or other tomato related foods. You never know with kids, allergies can develop at any time, and then disappear just as quickly. I would recommend boosting his immune system with some chewable Vitamin C (at least 500 mg a day) and lots of fruits and veggies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...