Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

I make Crock Pot Mac and Cheese for just about every potluck I go to. It's easy and is usually a crowd pleaser. Today's was one of my personal favorites even though I only got a few pieces off of the bottom after everyone had been through the line tonight.

To achieve Crock Pot Mac and Cheese greatness, here's what you need:
*I typically double this recipe because I take it to large pot lucks

8 oz Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
1 1/2 c Milk
1 stick melted butter
3 c Shredded Cheese
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook Elbow Macaroni to desired tenderness
Spray crock pot with cooking spray
Put all ingredients in the crock pot
Cook on low 3 -4 hours

Today, I used one bag of Mexican blend cheese because it was all I had left in the freezer. I think it actually added a little additional flavor with the spices already in the cheese.

I also used evaporated milk instead of regular milk because I didn't realize until I already had the macaroni in the crock pot that I had used all my milk yesterday! I think this helped it be a little more creamy and rich.

Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. Everyone raves about this every time I take it so I guess that means it's pretty good or else they don't eat good Mac and Cheese in El Paso!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...