Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Beginning to Look...

We've had 2 snow falls in the past week. None of which are still on the ground except in those places where the sun doesn't shine! The house is somewhat decorated even though I'm positive I bought some decorations after Christmas last year at Hobby Lobby that I can't locate. I even have the receipt to prove it! I think there's one more box in the garage that could be the location of these missing decorations. The boys love the Christmas Tree and must turn the lights on as soon as they wake up and every time we come in the house.

This week is 'Death By Living Christmas Tree' as I've appropriately began calling it because it's the week before the 44th or 45th Annual Living Christmas Tree at FBC. I have a rehearsal every night this week except Thursday.

If only I could get in a little bit of the Christmas Spirit myself, we'd be good to go! This is definitely a year when Christmas doesn't seem like Christmas and I'm operating in "Get it Done" Survival Mode just to get through the month. There are gifts to be purchased still. Gifts to be put in the mail. We won't even mention the idea of doing a Christmas letter with cute pictures of the kids. I'm the queen of Fantasy Land if I even imagine that will happen before the first of the year, if at all!

So here's hoping some how, some way the children can get a glimpse of the true meaning of Christmas at our house
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!! This year is almost over and the end is in sight. You have done amazingly well and been unbelievably strong. I am so proud of you and I thank you so much for being mom and dad for our beautiful babies. My prayer is that you will never have to do it again but if you do I know you can. We will pray for you in this busy week as I hope you will us. MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Love
Paw & GG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...