Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

LT's Homecoming

He's been home almost 2 weeks now and I figured I better post pictures of this event now before the rest of the Task Force shows up tonight for their official 'the deployment is over' festivities.

From the time we took LT back to the airport after R&R, the boys have talked about how they were going to wait at the escalator and see their daddy come down. LT was at the back of the plane so lots of people came down the escalator before him. Maverick got tired of waiting and went back to the window to watch the airplane. I guess he thought he might see his daddy out there somehow.

Of course, their daddy couldn't do things like everyone else, so he came down the steps instead of the escalator. When I saw him coming, I had to find both of the boys to get them to look somewhere other than he escalator. They were super excited when they saw him! I think Maverick is asking him if that's his white plane out there.After the boys got their hugs and were off to the next thing, we finally got a glimpse of each other. One of our friends took this picture, but from the moment I first saw it, I've loved it because I have that, "he's really home!!!" grin on my face. It's like excitement, relief and a whole string of other emotions wrapped up in one big smile! The embrace that almost ended Jenna Beth's life! I knew I was holding her when we hugged, but it wasn't until I saw this picture that I realized how awkward it looked for her. After everyone else got their hugs, a sleepy Jenna Beth finally got hers. I love the look on the guy on the edge of the picture's face. He's a high ranking military official who came to the airport to greet LT's little group that came home. I'm sure he never gets tired of seeing the joy on the faces of moms and dads who embrace their children after a year long deployment. Here we are - - - together at last! I've given up on pictures where all 5 of us are smiling or even looking the same direction. It's who we are and I've just come to grips with that fact. The boys thought they would help their daddy carry his bags. They couldn't even lift this thing off the floor, but they gave it a valiant effort!

5 comments:

geisme said...

Oh, Jen, I am SOOOOO incredibly happy for you & your family to be all together again. Since I've taken a break from FB for Lent, I've been catching up on all the blogs I'm sadly behind on. This one brought happy tears of joy to my face, so I can only imagine how y'all must've felt.
Thank you Jesus, for the Wade family's service to you & for bringing Jake safely home. :) :) :)
Praying God continues to richly bless y'all.

Patty Patterson said...

What a blessing to be together as a family. That's something most of us take for granted, but our service men are a constant reminder of how blessed we really are. Thanks for your family's service to our country!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Jen! Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful event. I'm so glad your family is back together again!

Tracy Wilson

Jen Whisonant said...

This is my favoritest blog post ever. I love you all - we love you Wades!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...