Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Observations on the Homefront

Since LT's been home about 3 weeks now or maybe closer to 4, there are some things that have changed a ton compared to our lives while he was away. Here are a few of the obvious:

1) The stockpile of food in the pantry doesn't seem to last as long, especially the diet sodas! When he got home, the pantry was bursting at the seems and every shelf was packed with multiple layers of stuff. Now, it's looking pretty bare in comparison. One more adult mouth to feed really makes a huge difference in my cooking and eating habits.

2) The laundry never ends! LT has done a great job trying to keep the laundry under control, but his 3 outfits a day, most days, has made a significant increase in the amount of laundry we do.

3) My routine has been rocked! Part of this is because LT hasn't been working a 'normal' schedule and has had many days when he's home at lunch and never goes back to work. He's had several 4 day weekends, too. I'm having a difficult time adjusting to this sporadic schedule change. I would say it's going to get better soon, but we're about to go on vacation and there will be no routine when that happens. Maybe in April we'll start to sort of understand a normal routine again.

4) It's so much easier to go places alone when daddy's here to provide his child care services. I try not to take advantage of him, but there are days when I feel like I have a year's worth of me time to catch up on.

5) I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet as I used to! That's good for him and probably good for me, too. My poor farms on FB have been neglected and I'm sure they'll be foreclosed on if I don't start planting some crops again soon.

These are just a few observations - that are okay for public sharing! Things may be different and it may take us a while to get completely adjusted, but we're glad he's home, most of the time! :o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...