Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Food Fight

The boys are reaching the age where me pansying to their eating whims needs to be put to an end. It's almost a little embarrassing to take them places where someone has cooked a great meal and I know they're going to snarl their noses and only eat the bread and dessert.

Today I am making them try carrots! Making or forcing, whatever you want to call it.

I gave them 4 slices of canned carrot with their chicken nugget lunch and am not allowing them to watch television or go play outside until they both have eaten their 4 carrot slices. I'm not even giving them any other food options or snacks until the carrots are consumed. I know, I'm a very mean woman!

Bailey finally caved and ate his dipped in ketchup. Maverick is still being hard headed and fighting me to the death to not have to eat his. He'll be a hungry little munchkin because until these are in his stomach, he won't be eating or drinking anything else.

It's bad habit breaking time for these two and I know it's going to be a long, hard battle! The end result of children who will at least attempt new foods in public will be worth it, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I made the same mistake with their dad. I always cooked him a separate meal from mine and his dads. I finally got tired of that and he had to start eating what I made for us. It was a battle but it was my fault. Don't feel bad we all do it.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

GE is me said...

Jen, I hope the battle has lessened(i.e. gotten easier.) It is a tough battle & once I put my girls on solid foods(beyond baby food)it was you eat what we eat or not at all. Fortunately for me, my girls are pretty good eaters & don't like to miss meals. Have there been times when they've absolutely hated what I've made? yep. But they need to eat usually 3-5 bites & then if they don't eat dinner, no dessert.
Stay strong. I've read on some parenting places that this is how they exert their wills.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...