Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

OOOOOOOOOOKlahoma!

We're here! The boys and I made it to Oklahoma last Wednesday and CMC and baby girl made it here on Thursday. We had to adjust our travel plans slightly so that we could meet the movers here. If we weren't able to get here quickly, we were going to have to wait a week or two before someone locally could deliver our belongings.

The movers got here around 7pm Wednesday night and were here until after midnight unloading the truck and assembling our beds and tables. You really have no idea how much stuff you have until you see it in boxes sitting on the ground. I kept looking at it all wondering how on earth we were going to get them all inside the apartment. We downsized about 700 sq ft from our house in El Paso to the apartment here in Oklahoma. Thankfully our apartment complex has garages that we can pay extra for and use for storage. We have ours filled up! Other than furniture, I think we have more stuff in the garage than we do in the apartment.

We've unpacked just about all the boxes inside and even have a few things hung on the walls. The living room still has to be rearranged because I was tired when the movers were here and told them to put the couch and tv stand on the wrong walls. We do have a couple of things missing so far. It's likely that they're in one of the boxes in the garage that we didn't even open. I'm hoping I don't have to buy new curtain rods because I can't find the brackets to hang them with! Oh the perils of moving. I even made an effort to keep the brackets separated, but didn't follow through and make sure I knew where they would be packed!

At some point I'll post pictures, but things pretty much look the same - - just less space in between!

1 comment:

Patty Patterson said...

I heard you were moving to Lawton. I'm Heather's Mom from McGriff Adventures. If you need anything let me know. Heather will be here in a few months, also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...