Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #1

One of my goals for our time in OK that I haven't added to an individual blog post is to be a more regular blogger (how many times have I said that?) and also to get more connected with military spouses. I'm hoping I can be a regular at the Friday Fill-In hosted by Wife of a Sailor. Here's my first attempt! She posts 5 questions each week and then other military spouses fill in and link back to her blog.

1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

My answer to this question is really a 2 edged sword. In some ways I've been strengthened, but that strength has caused weaknesses in other areas of my life. The characteristic that has been strengthened is my independence and ability to get through life on my own. We faced our first deployment last year and I managed to do well at my job, give birth to JB, and handle the every day stuff of life on my own. I can't really say on my own because the Lord gave me tons of grace and supernatural strength and brought some incredible people into my life to help me get through some crazy days! However, being more independent has weakened my relationship with my husband because I find myself not really needing him to help or do because I've done it on my own so much. This has gotten better with time since he's returned and we've moved, but independence has proven to be a positive and a negative in my experience as a military spouse.


2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from 'Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

I don't really have a favorite vacation spot. I enjoy seeing new places so really anywhere we go that's not the 4 walls of my house is a favorite vacation spot while we're there!


3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

I would definitely choose Chick Fil A. It's my favorite fast food restaurant and not every town has a free standing Chick Fil A so it would be nice to know there's one in the food court at the PX.


4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)

We took a short honeymoon to Savannah, GA, but then spent a week in Las Vegas the next summer as our extended honeymoon.


5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)

This changes almost daily. One that stays constant is to be a Professional Organizer or Interior Designer. I've always enjoyed organizing things, although if you saw my cabinets you wouldn't believe it! I am constantly trying to purge and be realistic about the clutter and junk that I hold onto for no reason. I would like to help others find freedom from the grip of clutter and chaos and enjoy the place where they live.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Absolutely LOVE Chik-Fil-A. I need help to let go. I am constantly trying to keep every little thing especially the kids clothes. Drives the husband crazy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...