Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tick, Tick, Ticking Away

Is that song now stuck in your head? "Time is ticking away, tick tick ticking away." That's how I feel about my life right now. In so many areas, time is just passing me by and I'm not taking the opportunities and making the most of them. In the midst of what is already the busiest month on the calendar, we have the privilege of adding a move to the craziness! Needless to say, my mind is so full of 'things to do' that I find myself just paralyzed in my procrastination. So paralyzed that finding a piece of paper to write these things that come to my mind never happens!

Other than a ceramic Christmas tree attached to my all season Coton Colors wreath and the children's constant conversations that begin with "I want that for Christmas," you wouldn't know that Christmas is just around the corner! I do feel badly for my children whose mother is terrible at consistency and beginning and keeping traditions. One day I'll do better...until then, I'll just listen to the clock tick away reminding me of the many plates I should be spinning, but haven't made it out of the cabinets yet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In spite of being home for a month while Kirby's back was hurt, and then having 2 more weeks off for Thanksgiving, I have done nothing but let time "tick away". I don't know why I am not able to get motivated this year. And I don't have 3 babies and an entire house to move!! You amaze me everyday. Don't sweat the small stuff, and trust me, it's ALL small stuff that nobody but you will notice or remember.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...