Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

One Step Closer

The home buying process has been a little more stressful than I imagined it would be. After being prequalified, I guess I just thought everything would go very smoothly. It seems like every other day I'm having to divulge more and more information to the mortgage company. Some times I know the answer right off hand and other times I have to go digging and hoping that I haven't made any serious mistake when filing our taxes or something. Our most recent hang up has been with the title to our van.

We bought the van with a loan from whoever the dealership we bought the van from used as their lender. We knew we were going to immediately pay it off with a low interest personal loan we were eligible for when Cpt was at Officer Candidate School. Apparently I paid off the loan with the initial lender and then never got a copy of the title! Oops! Honestly, in my mind we still are paying on the van, only for about 3 more months, so I never thought about us 'owning' the van outright and being the title holders. Thankfully, the underwriters for our mortgage are willing to take a written statement from us detailing why we don't and won't have the title to the van by the time we close. I think that's our final information hurdle!

We did our walk thru with the builder today to determine if there were any touch ups or repairs that needed to be done before closing. We only found some minor things like drawers that don't close flush, a light fixture that is coming loose on one side, and a noisy ceiling fan. Other than that, we just need the paint touched up in various places and we'll be good to go.

I am so excited and can't wait to get out of our apartment and into a house again! Not just any house, though - - OUR house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...