Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catching Up!

I had the privilege of attending the Protestant Women of the Chapel International Conference in Dallas this past weekend. It really was a blessing and not something I ever anticipated that I would do. I didn't have a great PWOC experience at Fort Bliss. Some due to my own idealistic expectations. Some due to administrative issues I had with the program there and then ultimately because I started working and going to PWOC was just another morning to get the kids ready to go somewhere.

When we moved to Fort Sill, I decided I would give it another shot and I'm so glad that I did! I have met some wonderful ladies and truly been challenged when it comes to my spiritual neediness. One night when we were on our way to our Friday night Orange Leaf fix, I was telling Cpt that if we had to stay here I knew there were some women at PWOC that I would really love to get to know better and develop relationships with. Within an hour, I received an email saying there were spaces available for the conference. After I mulled it over a few minutes, I figured out that it was Veteran's Day weekend and Cpt would be off and could hold the fort and kids down for a few days. He gave me the go ahead and off I went! I know that the Lord had His hand in every one of those details!

Alas, conferences end and I've come home to face the music and laundry and dishes and squabbling preschoolers! I do have better perspective now and am working on being more patient in my responses to all of the little people issues that never seem to go away. It just seems like it's taking me a while to get back in the groove. I stayed up until Midnight last night trying to get caught up on my coupon clipping. I am happy to announce that so far today I have almost all the laundry washed, folded and put away and the dishwasher has run once! I feel somewhat accomplished!

There are other things starting to dangle over me, like our very fast approaching move, but I'm trying not to get too wrapped up in that one. Since I know Hood will be our final destination for a while, I'm looking forward to taking my time sorting through every box and being realistic about what to keep and what can go once we get there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...