Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hard day




Today was a much harder day than I thought it would be. It's one of those days when you have to keep yourself from thinking about anything that could possibly stir up an emotion or you'll just sit and cry and be absolutely worthless to attend to those things that need to get done.


Today my brother in law left for the beginning of his training before he's deployed to Afghanistan for 18 months or so. The reality hit me as he hugged my boys this afternoon of how much time will go by and how much they'll grow up before he gets to hold them again. Maybe if I hadn't seen that or heard him tell Bailey to take care of his mommy and brother I might not have gotten emotional. I'm sure he thinks I was being heartless when he left because I couldn't look at him to keep myself from breaking down.


Reality is a hard pill to swallow, isn't it?

1 comment:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Jen, It was so great to hear from you! WOW so much has happened since we last talked. You with two boys and me with three. I love your blog and am excited to keep in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...