Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Old Friends




Today we had a reconnect with an old friend. It was one of those days when you realize the effort it takes to keep in touch with people is worthwhile. Holly and I have lived about 20 minutes from each other for about a year and a half. A month before I'm set to move out of Fort Mill, we finally managed to get together. Pretty pathetic, I know! I've known Holly since 1996 - I can't believe it's been over 10 years since I joined Life Action. I was Holly's sister's teacher my 2nd year on the road and her family is the reason I ended up at North Greenville where I would meet Jake. So big thanks to the Boitnotts!! I can't believe that Holly and I are both mothers - me with 2 and her with 1 and another on the way! The picture above is Bailey and Elijah on the slide at Chick Fil A. They were cute playing together except for the occasional spat over Elijah's cool car and Elijah's biting incident! We did get a good laugh out of a little girl falling over a high chair.

Do you ever sit and think about the 'what ifs' and how different life could've been if you had made a different decision at any point in your life? My 'what ifs' usually end up with me giving thanks to the Lord for knowing exactly where I needed to be and when I needed to be there. Without His hand on my life and being obedient at the right times, the road to where I am today would've been much more difficult than I had already made it! Just thinking about the road the Lord used to get me to SC always leaves me amazed at just how good and patient He has been toward me.

2 comments:

J.E. said...

speaking of old firends..I saw where you took my test...I pretty proud of how high you scored since we havent seen each other in years...I also noticed that I put Jen Bailey instead of Wade on my links at my my blog

Emily Jennings said...

I thank God when I put the links of my past together too. Its cool to think about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...