Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Trains...

Tuesday night I stayed up and put together Bailey's train table that we finally broke down and purchased. I knew Bailey would be excited Wednesday morning when he saw it. Then I was a little disappointed when I saw this - No trains on the track!



He took every train off the track and lined them up on the floor in his room.



I convinced him later to put the trains back on the track and so far they've managed to stay there.The train track set that I bought is called "Sea to Shining Sea" or something like that so it has these little figurines signifying various parts of the country. There's an Alamo, a White House, Mount Rushmore, an Igloo, etc. When I pulled the White House out of the package, Bailey immediately laid it on its side and drove a train over it. I'm not sure if he was making a political statement or not, but it caught me as humorous. Today I have to take the track apart and figure out where in Bailey's room I'm going to put it so I can set up my sitting area in the living room with my 2 new Pier One chairs I picked up yesterday.



Here's a happy Mr. Mav hanging out on mommy's bed while I unpacked some boxes and tried to figure out how to organize my closet. Notice the word - tried! I've not completely determined what or where I'll put all of my miscellaneous bins and containers. It'll get done eventually and then it'll be time to pack up and move down the street!

Bailey's latest word or attempt at a word is "chee." I've decided this is the catch all term for "put something in my bowl that I can pick up and eat - FAST." I think it began as chip, but can also be used for cracker, cereal or cookie. He has started saying more words and copying more that he hears. This morning he said "Daisy" very clearly while we were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He said "fire engine" very plainly on our trip here from SC. I think he's just living by the proverb that "in the multitude of words, sin is not lacking." Sin is definitely not lacking in other areas of his life so he's safe saying as few words as possible for now. We could learn a lot from a 2 year old!


4 comments:

Chris Whisonant said...

You are a furniture-buying machine!!! :)

J.E. said...

I think it is hilarious he ran over the white house...I hope G.W. is okay... Little early for you to be raising such a left winger huh?

J.E. said...

just to clarify.... I am not a left-winger.... GO GEORGE!!!

Matt Johnson said...

I love trains too. Bailey and I have more things in common. We would definitely get along, except the fact that I try to keep the cars on the track.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...