Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eat Your Heart Out Mary Kay

A few years ago, I dabbled in the world of Mary Kay. For short moments of my life, I was inspired to grandeur - pink cars, pink jewels, etc. Those moments were very short, though. I mean less than a second. Like nanoseconds! It was hard for me to get passionate about makeup that wasn't cheap. I'm not sure I made any money doing Mary Kay. As a matter of fact, I'm positive I LOST money, but I did have an abundance of makeup and I still do! I've found a home business that in 5 days has been more profitable than Mary Kay ever was - Craigslist!! I had my second sale today. It cost me nothing to post my ad. All I had to do was wait for an email and poof - I'm meeting a stranger in a McDonald's parking lot. I'm handing them a used toy and they're handing me cold hard cash!!

I'm so inspired, that I think I'm going to pull out my sewing machine and get back to making my little mini diaper bag things like this one...
I'm also going to attempt the cool baby sling. I've got a pattern, but need to try it out and see if I can do it. I have this new fascination with the baby sling because I want one for myself, but am too cheap to pay full price for one. The more I look at them, the more I keep thinking to myself that I could make one. I'm very much like my mother when it comes to that last thought. So, my project for the weekend is my first sling attempt! I'll let you know how it goes, successful or not.

After I get my prototypes going, I'll start listing them on Craigslist for FREE! No postage costs, either. I just load the boys in the van and we go for a ride! It's such a rush to have someone hand me money and they don't even have to get out of their cars! We'll see if I'm still feeling entrepreneurish after a little while behind the sewing machine.

Anybody need a handmade baby gift? I'll let you know when I'm open for business!

5 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

check out slingrings.com for good sturdy rings... they are the most important part to HOLDING it together! They are also IMPOSSIBLE to find thick ones in the store!

Anonymous said...

You were smart to ditch Mary Kay so quickly. It's a money-losing, soul-sucking experience for 99% of the women who get involved with it and other MLMs.

Congratulations on your Craigslist sale! I love Craigslist for great bargains!

If you want some good laughs about Mary Kay or to get more information about the floppertunity visit www.PinkTruth.com.

Anonymous said...

Jen -

I will be first in line to purchase one of your slings. With 3 kids under 4 (1 being a newborn) I will need some help!

Tracy

Ashley said...

I got the little people zoo from a lady off Craigslist for $5 last week. This afternoon I'm meeting another lady to get the toddler little tikes slide for $5. I've started searching the house for things I can sell as well. Craigslist is great!

Cindy said...

Meeting someone in a parking lot to exchange items for money sounds a little mysterious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...