This has been a very interesting week, since our trip to the movies Tuesday morning. I'll give you the short scoop.
1) I let Bailey wear big boy underwear on Tuesday and had to clean up his messes a few times so I decided to let that rest until I felt like he was more interested. He did sit on the potty for a few seconds 2x on Tuesday so that was an accomplishment.
2) We had a very exciting church conference Wednesday night to approve the new church schedule. The new schedule, which will give greater opportunity to reach young families, was approved, finally. It's been the topic of many conversations for quite a while now. Unfortunately, there were a handful of church members who didn't think it had been discussed enough and tried to sideswipe the entire church conference. It got a little hairy for a few minutes, but the sideswipe was defeated by a near landslide vote. Jake's been patted on the back numerous times since Wednesday for standing and giving testimony to the reasons we feel like the Lord brought us to FBC EP and to the fact that there will be 35-50,000 new military personnel moving to El Paso within the next year and a half. What an incredible opportunity we have to share the gospel with so many new people in El Paso!
3) Last night we got to go to our first drum corps show together since 2005. It was lots of fun and the crazy thing is that everywhere I've lived, I've managed to find people who are drum corps fans. We ended up sitting with about 8 people from FBC EP so it was cool to just get to hang out with some new friends. The boys were in great hands, even though it was close to 11 by the time we managed to get across town to pick up Bailey from Christopher's house. When they announced Carolina Crown from Fort Mill, SC, I did get a little choked up. I never thought hearing those words would have such power. Crown did have the best show there, by far!
4) This morning I took on a new role at FBC EP as the Children's Worship/Music Leader for the new Children's Worship time that's beginning in September. I'm very excited about it. I had lots of my questions answered this morning and am anxious to see it all come together. We're going to be using the Basics 252 curriculum from ReThinkGroup, the same group that does the First Look curriculum we used at FBC FM for WEEShine.
5) Maverick is still on the verge of crawling. It won't be long and I'll have to pull out my portable wall to keep him from going all over the house. I also think he's working on a tooth or two.