Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

My 1st Deacons' Meeting

Have you ever been the only female in a meeting full of men and you know they hold your fate in their little voting hands? That happened to me yesterday when I had to meet with the Deacons at FBCEP about the interim chidren's minister position. It was quite an intimidating experience, but just part of the formality of congregational rule! They voted me through to the next round of voting which will happen Sunday morning, I think. This is when the whole church gets to have their say via vote. It's quite a process and one I've never experienced personally to this extent.

It's FREEZING cold here in El Paso - - FREEZING!!! I have our little heater running in the living room since we're waiting for them to come turn our swamp coolers off and turn the heat on. I think they're coming today, but I need to make a phone call and make sure. If not, we'll all be piled in our bed tonight feeding off each other's warmth! Bailey woke up last night and when I walked into his room all he could say was "cold, cold." I wrapped him up in his fleece Cars blanket and he was back in dream land until around 7 when he came to wake Maverick and me. I'm definitely having one of those days when I just want to lay on the couch wrapped in a nice warm blanket! Instead I'll spend some of the day getting my long sleeve shirts out and putting away some of my summer stuff. We all love that process, don't we?

3 comments:

Cindy said...

man! it is still pretty warm here, even in the morning. I hope we have some fall before winter. We'll see.

Unknown said...

We were very surprised to step out of the truck in Odessa Monday to such a cold, wet wind. Brrrr!! I was ready to come back to WV where it was 75 deg. when we left. But I'm sure out cold weather is not far off.

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention that I was on the personnel committee when you became the church pianist at the age of 16. That meeting was hard to sit through, but my influence didn't get you the job, it was your high school principal's recommendation that made the difference. Needless to say, they never had any regrets about hiring you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...