Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jake's Son

For the past week and 1 day, I've been the Low Carb Queen! I've done really well, dropped a few pounds and am feeling like I have a little momentum in the diet department. Unfortunately for me, you can't have a #1 with polynesian sauce at Chick Fil A and call that Low Carb! So the past 2 weeks on our Friday night trip to Chick Fil A, we've eaten salads. Not nearly as exciting or tasty as the #1, but for now it has to be done. Last week we bought Bailey some nuggets and instead of eating them, he wanted my salad. This week we decided we would just get him a side salad and hopefully allow me to enjoy my own salad. He sat longer than he's ever sat at a fast food restaurant eating his salad! Of course it was smothered in ranch dressing and a little bit of polynesian sauce. He had a mixture of ranch dressing polynesian sauce covering his whole face and both hands! Never in a million years when not concerned about dieting would I ever choose salad over a good Peanut Oil fried Chick Fil A nugget. He's a weird kid and I'm sure he gets that from his father!

Since I need my sweets, we've had to try a couple of Low Carb dessert recipes. Last week it was some sort of pumpkin cheesecake sort of dish which was actually pretty tasty topped with whipped cream. This week we've gone back to a Low Carb peanut butter cookie we made a couple of years ago that consists of 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of splenda and 1 egg. They're a little crumbly, but they'll suffice for an occasional sweet treat! Later in the week I'm going to try a recipe for Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge! I'll let you know how that one goes.

3 comments:

Erin said...

If you are an ice cream junkie like me, try the "Skinny Cow" ice cream sandwiches - they are actually really good!

Amanda said...

Isn't it funny how if they do something differnt than we expect or want, they become 'his son'. Grace went through the salad phase and still asks for them from time to time. Ella seems to be entering that phase, especially if I am eating one.

Unknown said...

Todd and I were just talking about how both of you loved spinach when you were kids. Everyone always wondered how I got you to eat it, but I didn't even have to try. You both asked for it all the time. I'm glad to see Bailey is willing to try strange new foods, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...