Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I've been tagged on 2 different blogs now so here go my TAG responses.

The first comes from Karen at Snakes, Snails and Puppydogtrails. I'm supposed to list "five classes I wish they taught in school." This is a tough one!

1) Winning Fights with Preschoolers 101
2) Letting Go of Momentos that Really Aren't Sentimental
3) Spells That Cause Laundry to Fold and Put Itself Away
4) Eating Ice Cream, but Not Getting Fat
5) Situational Multiplication - How to be 10 Places at 1 Time

So those were not all that great, but I refuse to sit here all night trying to be witty!

My next tag came from Nikki at The Hill-Billies. I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about myself.

Here goes!

1)
When the going gets tough, I get going, usually!> Never was there a semester in college that I took my full load for the entire semester. I always dropped at least one class because I felt overwhelmed with multiple papers, projects, etc. This is also why I don't like to exercise! I'm not into self inflicted pain. Thankfully my husband never gives up so he won't let me give up in most situations.

2) I am a reality television junky! I can get into just about any reality show minus the super raunchy ones.

3) Ever since I was a very little girl, I've wanted to be a school teacher. I played school with my imaginary (stuffed animals) students. I had a grade book, a file cabinet full of worksheets, a 'change your color' discipline chart and red pens out the wazzoo! See random fact number 1 for why I didn't get an education degree. I think I will probably go back to school and work on a teacher certification after the kiddos are in school.

4) I like to cook and try new recipes. Somewhere I have a huge stack of Cooking Light Magazines and then I have random cookbooks and recipes printed from the internet all over the place. If only cooking didn't require cleaning and the recipes I want to try weren't so fattening!

5) I am not a reader! As much as I wanted to be a school teacher as a child, I also wanted to be a librarian. I love books, but very rarely make it all the way through a book. I start off strong, but about chapter 3 or so, I'm fizzled! I'm the only person in my family that's not a reader. My Husband, Dad, Mom and Brother have read more books than I can even imagine. I love books, but I don't really enjoy reading!

6) When I was a little girl, my brother said I was going to be a "pistol packing pom pom policewoman." Do you have sentences from your childhood that you can't forget? That's one of mine. I remember very vividly sitting in my Strawberry Shortcake decorate bedroom telling my Mom and Brother about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a policewoman and I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. (I'm laughing out loud whilst I make this admission)

7) I was the first person in my high school class to letter in a sport. As a freshman, I was put on the Varsity Volleyball team as the back up setter. I warmed the bench a lot that year, but I was still on the team. Some days I wish I could go back to high school and concentrate more on my volleyball skills because I think I could've developed my abilities and maybe played in college, but I was too busy dabbling in everything I could dabble in and trying to be the Valedictorian to hone my skills in one area.


I'm not going to tag any specifically, but if you follow up and do your own tag, let me know so I can come read your 5 classes and random facts!

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Oh my goodness, Jen! I loved the 5 classes. I need all of them, except maybe #4. I'm not a super huge ice cream fan & can pretty much take or leave it. So what exactly did you get your college degree in?
As far as reading books for fun- have you ever tried audio books? I love to read, so this isn't an issue for me, but I know people who've done this.
Hope your week is going well.
God Bless, -Gail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...