Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Experimental Dinner

As I was driving home from work today, I tried to figure out what I could make for dinner. I knew I had a pound or so of hamburger meat in the fridge and a bag of tater tots in the freezer that I keep forgetting that I bought. I thought maybe I would just do hamburgers and bake the tater tots as the side. Then I remembered that I just might have a can of cream of mushroom soup. You see where this is going?

When I got home, I looked up recipes for Tater Tot Casserole on Cooks. com and scrolled through until I found a recipe or two that called for ingredients that I had on hand. I don't make many casseroles because they're usually pretty fattening, at least the ones that I like, or call for ingredients that I don't normally keep. I've never made TT Casserole before so this was a huge science experiment for me!

The TT Casserole turned out very tasty, but I've learned a few lessons about actually assembling it that I will have to remember the next time I make it. And there will be a next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...