Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Greek To Me

I've been wanting a good greek salad lately and haven't really known where to get one. What I was envisioning was a good greek salad in a shell like we used to get at the Akropolis Cafe in Charlotte. To add to my greek crave, Rachael Ray was making some sort of a greek dish on 30 Minute Meals yesterday!

So last night, LT went to a little place, Casa Pizza, or something like that, that is about a mile from our house. I had called earlier in the week to ask about their greek options just to make sure they had what we wanted. LT brought us back their Greek plate which was a gyro, a small greek salad and then 2 slices of
spanakopita. My meal hit the spot, but it was no replacement for Akropolis Cafe or the Meditteranean Deli in Chapel Hill. The thing that made the difference in our El Paso greek not being as good as our east coast greek was the sauce. El Paso's version of the tzadziki just wasn't as good!

I'm sure we'll go back to Casa Pizza for a greek fix, but we'll be keeping our eyes open for another hole in the wall place that might serve up a good gyro and greek salad combo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Greek food! There used to be a place by UTEP that served Arabic and Greek food that me and Rob used to go to before kids came along. I need to see if it's still open and then maybe we could go there for lunch sometime, my treat!

Melissa

Emily Jennings said...

mmmmmmmm...me too! There is an amazing greek/italian restaurant here in gville that has a greek salad that is amazing. Its called the Olive Tree, its a locally owned restaurant. And you can buy their salad dressing by the half gallon. I don't know that I want to got w/o it in my fridge ever again!

Anonymous said...

Can't beat the Akropolis for food or prices. I think you should just come home and we can take a trip the Akropolis. Miss yall!!!

Love
GG

Anonymous said...

Can't beat the Akropolis for food or prices. I think you should just come home and we can take a trip the Akropolis. Miss yall!!!

Love
GG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...