Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Aloha Friday #10


Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.

For more Aloha Friday, visit Kailani at Island Life.

One of my goals while LT is on his vacation is to always be reading a book that will help me be a better mom and wife and help me grow in my relationship with the Lord. I'm in the middle of 2 right now. One is
Raising Your Spirited Child and the other is Designer Women. I also placed an order with Amazon last night for a couple of others. If you know me at all, you know that I don't really need to be ordering books since I have tons that I've never really read. I just love books and still wonder if I may finish my Library Science degree at some point.

So today's Aloha Friday question is:

What are you reading?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm in between books at the moment - my kids are so demanding right now that I can't seem to get into anything. Most of my reading lately has been magazines and blogs.

sues2u2 said...

I'm just starting Jodi Picoult's Change of Heart. I love to read too, although usually sci fi is more the genre I prefer.

Erin @ Closing Time said...

I am currently reading Getting the Words Right: 39 Ways to Improve Your Writing, by Theodore Rees Cheney. I've just started my blog, and want to get into writing again after a long break. Hopefully this book will help!

Nikki said...

I just read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in two sittings.....please read this. Get the copy with the author's notes in the back. YOU WILL WEEP!! Read it before the movie.

ParentingPink said...

Honestly, it's all I can do to get the Washington Post read on a daily basis. I'd love to grab a great book soon though!

Unknown said...

I'm reading a Regency Romance. Title and Author don't matter because they are all the same, but I love reading them.

Erin said...

I just finished a great novel called "The Help" about racial tension back in the 60's in MS. It was really good! I haven't read the Spirited Child book but another good one is "Setting Limits with the Strong Willed Child" - it is great!

Beth B said...

I'm in the middle of reading Victory Over the Darkness by Neil Anderson...It's really good...

Pegsy said...

"Have A New Kid By Friday" by Dr. Kevin Leman. It is excellent! I also started "The Shack" a couple of months ago, and then got distracted from it. I need to finish it!

Nancy said...

I'm currently reading 3 books. Sacred Marriage, Shepherding a Child's Heart, and Victory Over the Darkness. They each address a different area in my life, and God leads me to read a section in one of them EXACTLY when I need it.

I must confess that reading 3 books at a time is not normal for me. Apparently, I have lots of issues that need to be dealt with right now! LOL!

Trusting Him Completely,
Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...