Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Winding Down

I think we have about 17 days left in the great, and hot, city of El Paso. Give or take a day or two! I'm beginning to realize that there aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things that I want to do before we leave. I have managed to do a few cleaning/purging projects in the past couple of days. One of my projects was cleaning out clothes from Jenna Beth and the boys' closets. I have given some of them to different people at the church and today there were 3 kids wearing shirts or dresses that once belonged to us. It was weird and gratifying all at the same time!

One thing I really need to tackle is the shelves in the garage. They've become dumping grounds for many random things. There are figurines that didn't sell in our fall yard sale, but didn't make it into the spring yard sale. There are no telling how many random toys or bubble wands that are hidden in the shelves. Every time I pull into the garage I think what eyesores they are, but get distracted and comfortable in the house and don't want to go back out there in the heat! Today may be the day that I tackle them. I may even let the boys ride scooters in the driveway since our neighbors are on vacation and there aren't 2 expensive cars out there to hit!

I know that the Lord has worked out the timing of this move perfectly, but it's still hard to think of leaving El Paso! The people, the places, the memories are great and wonderful. I told someone this morning that I'm already planning trips back to visit, but have to talk the husband into financing them!

1 comment:

Shannon P. said...

I have a lump in my throat reading this. For ever and ever it has been such a blessing meeting you and having you be my friend. I will miss you so very dearly. If I were to try to tell you in person how much your friendship has meant and how I would not have made it through some of the really hard mommy days without you I would snot all over you trying to get it out. You are truly lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...